Please call Jack Bourque directly to discuss your personal interest in the following or feel comfortable passing this information to your network in the event this may be a career enhancing step to someone you know. Please, reference # 1679
This position focuses on strategic and tactical design engineering leadership and NPD for fiber optic components that will complement the company’s expansive telecommunication network product lines. The person in this position will provide creative engineering leadership to this area of the company’s overall growth in telecommunication products.
By developing its offerings ahead of the curve and anticipating customers’ requirements in high data rate fiber optic communication systems including cables, connectors, panels, cords, and other infrastructure products for critical communications networks, this Chicagoland company will continue as the world-class leader it has been for more than 50 years.
The top candidate for this responsibility will have a history of creative development with multi or single mode fiber infrastructure products and have demonstrated a career of product development knowledge that has led to production sensitivities required in lean manufacturing.
The person in this position will join this half-billion dollar company’s “go-to” research team for NPD and will interact with cross-functional groups that will include engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and sales. The goal of this creative leader will be to create the roadmaps for new fiber optic products with superior reliability, performance, and scalability.
Some challenges will include:
- Lead the research efforts of advanced fiber optic products from concept through the proof-of-principle, explore and research emerging applications/ technologies that enable new product opportunities, and evaluate performances of optical communication systems, interconnect technologies, and new emerging optical technologies.
- Using experimental research design, build, and troubleshoot prototypes/concept models using optical principles and test methods that will validate theories and models.
- Perform measurements and benchmark analysis on fiber optic components, prototypes and existing products to determine future product design requirements.
- Develop new optical test methods for prototype, component or product evaluations.
- Communicate and coordinate with cross functional groups to expedite or drive projects to completion, including: project management schedules, reports, and review meetings.
- Document research in written reports and presentations and communicate with middle and upper management on development and achievement of goals.
Experience being sought:
- 5 to 7 years in NPD background – in fiber optic infrastructure which may include: communication systems, components including lasers, detectors, transceivers, and optical cable and connectors, assemblies, and adapters.
- Experience working with lean manufacturing environments and methods.
- Innovation career track record of providing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Documented career of creating, maintaining, and organizing projects.
- Master Degree in related engineering sciences which may include: Physics, Optical Science, Optoelectronics, Photonics
To discuss further, contact Jack Bourque, President 860-738-5035 ex: 23